The Department of General Medicine at Sai Sudha Hospital, deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases afflicting adults. Also, known as ‘internal medicine’ it requires skilled diagnosticians to identify what is ailing the patient. Our General Physicians have decades of collective experience diagnosing and treating innumerable conditions.
- Diagnosing and treating a wide range of health disorders and referring to specialists’ opinions if necessary.
- Providing care and advice to the in-patients who are under the other specialists.
- Provide general and preventive medicines to adults of all ages.
- Manages physical conditions like asthma, arthritis, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, and heart disease.
- General medicine also concentrates on providing preventive care such as immunizations, health counselling and sports physicals.
We work with the best Doctors who treat diseases such as hypertension to the waves of viral fevers that seasonally afflict our population to more dangerous conditions such as septic shock, our experts are trained to deal with every eventuality.
Family Physicians possess unique skills to provide comprehensive medical care to all members of the family irrespective of ages, gender, and diseases. A family physician or family practice acquires specialty training beyond normal medical training and possess in-depth knowledge of adults and pediatric medicine. A family physician plays an important role in providing universal health care to the family and community.
What diseases are treated under General Medicine?
General Medicine deals with almost all range of both acute and chronic diseases including fever, asthma, heart disease, liver problems, hypertension, neurological problems, and other ailments. Here are some of the lists of diseases diagnosed and treated by a general physician:
- Fever Management
- Sepsis management
- Diabetic care
- Hypertension management and many more
- Thyroid malfunctions
- Liver Diseases
- Heart Diseases
Apart from these diseases, high cholesterol, influenza, headache, chest pain, abdomen pain, cough, respiratory infections, pneumonia, anxiety, and other diseases are covered and treated under general medicine.